Thursday, December 23, 2010

Family

A Christmas morning about ten years ago.
Christmas Eve dinner 2003.
2004 
Last year.

We have always tried to make Christmas Eve dinner special. 
We have a candlelight dinner 
and make it the nicest dinner of the year.
Lasagna is the main course.
Seven layer salad usually.
And ancini de pepe.

We have been home every single Christmas Eve
and Christmas Day for 27 years.
 
Family is important to us.
 
Gratefully, we love and care about 
each other a great deal.
 
Joy is the by product. :)

It wouldn't matter what we served or what we wore,
as long as we could be together 
somehow
even if it is long distance...
Our hearts are always together.

3 comments:

  1. I will be very sad not to be there this year. :( :( :( but I'll be there in my heart and then I'll be there the day after to steal some leftover lasagna and ancini de pepe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad to not be there this year. I am very very sad and I miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear daughters,

    Always, always you are in my heart.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete