Monday, December 13, 2010

Mold On His Clothes

Ian and I talked about the ramifications of humid climates and some of the fallout because of that before he left. I could not perceive however the possibility of mold on his clothes and did not teach him about that. Read on:


"Beloved Family,

I am nearing the end of my first transfer, and I have returned to my original area. I had some trials because of the division but some wonderful blessings too. I told you that I left without anything except the clothes that I was wearing and my backpack. Well my companion brought me stuff the first day I was there. I thought that I was going to be able to return and get some things before our trip to Londrina but it wasn't so, so he brought me some more things. All in all, I didn’t sleep in my own bed for a week, and I smelled pretty bad for a while. But it was a wonderful privilege to get to teach with another elder, another way, I felt that my teaching and my Portuguese improved vastly during those 3 short days, I can’t tell you why though. We also had the opportunity to teach some great lessons and find some great people. So Wednesday night at nine we got on the bus to Londrina, we had enough elders to pick up along the way that we had our own bus, It was a lot of fun but we didn’t get much sleep and we were super tired the next day...Friday was Christmas conference and that was really awesome, we had a lot of fun, we had a white elephant gift thing, we made this great cake, ours was the Salt Lake Temple, and we had a scripture scavenger hunt and our zone beat everyone by a mile...We also had a wonderful training from President that night...there was an incredible feeling of peace and love there. I will never forget that.  It was also hard for me, because It made me think of Christmas a lot more (it really does not feel like Christmas here), which made me think of home and all that, but it was also a lot of fun, and a wonderful experience. After we got back on the bus and made the 9-hour bus ride back to our area, arriving at five in the morning. I arrived to find out that while I was away some of my clothes began to grow mold, and I have yet to figure out how to get it out....I love you all terribly, and I will talk to you soon. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season.

Love,
Elder Freeman"

Well, I'm glad he's sleeping in a bed and that he is safe. This week I'll be praying about the mold in his clothes. Miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment