Monday, January 17, 2011

He Sounds And Looks Good


Here are a few lines from Ian's e-mail today:
"oi familia!

As always it was wonderful to get an update on everything, I am glad that you are all well. I am doing just dandy, this week was my first zone conference! It was great, we got some great trainings, president was here, we got to hang out with everybody in the zone a little bit, all was great... My Portuguese is also coming along quite well I think...In other news the rest of my district from Provo is finally showing up...Also, they are having some huge problems in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro right now with rain, many people have already died, and many more have lost their homes. We here however are high and dry, although in the past few days many more people have begun to ask us if we think these really are the last days and if the world is ending...I am still losing a bit of weight, but I am really not worried about it, I think it will slow down more pretty soon here. My body is just adjusting to this new life style and I am not getting sick or anything, and heck, I am not complaining about losing a bit of weight. Believe me, I am trying to eat everything I can, I leave lunch every day hardly being able to walk, and people always give us cake and juice later in the day too.

That's all for today. I testify that...the knowledge of the restored gospel is one of the greatest gifts that we have in our lives and we have a responsibility to share it with other people. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, it is a proof of all that we claim. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. I love you all so very much, and I am so grateful for your constant support, prayers, and help.

Love,
Elder Freeman"


I specifically asked him about his weight so I guess we'll just have to wait until he stabilizes. He looks OK in his pictures though and his mission president and his wife look like wonderful people. It's amazing to me that the visas for the last of his district from the Provo MTC were finally cleared. What a long wait for those elders.

What a wonderful sight. 
This is from the baptism last week.
Others at the baptism.

Oh, and the inversion cleared and Jim and I went for a walk this morning and I see clearing skies headed my way out of the west. Thank goodness.

2 comments:

  1. he looks so brown.
    i bet he gets that from his dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the funny thing is that he just asked me to mail him two more tubes of sunscreen SPF 50!

    ReplyDelete