Monday, January 31, 2011

Tidbits From The Field


 I'll pick out a few things from this week's e-mail:

"Dear Family,

This area is awesome. I am doing just great. I am really liking this new area, there is a lot of work to do here...This week was pretty incredible. Before I showed up here I just decided that I would have a great attitude regardless of the situation here (because you don’t really know until you show up). When I got here I just went all out, we started working and miracles started to happen. We have been finding a lot of amazing people... Tell Seth to stay with the piano, I wish now that I had learned it better so that I could play it here for people, not many people here know how to play the piano...I am realizing more and more the blessings I will have from serving a mission. At times it is very hard to see the changes that I know have to be happening in me, and sometimes I feel like I haven’t changed at all. But every once and a while the Lord lets me catch a glimpse of how I am changing, and it is really wonderful. My desire to serve the Lord will ALL my heart, and in the best way possible, is growing. I know that I am changing for the better, but all of these are just side effects of serving the Lord. Far more important is the work that we are doing here, serving the Lord and his children, and as an added benefit we grow too. The Church is true. I am so grateful for all of the blessings that I have in my life because I am a member of the Church, because I have such a wonderful family and the opportunity to serve a mission. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and that His gospel changes lives. I love you all terribly. Have a great week."

This e-mail makes me think of this quote:

"God does not begin by asking our ability, only our availability, and if we prove our dependability, He will increase our capability.” Neil A. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment