Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Anyway

I had occasion today to visit with someone I admire. I was somewhat puzzled that in the course of the conversation, I discovered the person had no shortage of negative things to say about a lot of people. I was somewhat taken aback and saddened a bit. I find it difficult and uncomfortable to participate in conversations where other people are being demeaned. I always like to think of others as someone I could like if I took the time to smile at them and get to know them. Everyone appreciates a smile. The world is a tough place and soft words go a long way in making it a gentler place.

I Like this quote by Mother Teresa:

"People are often unreasonable and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you.
Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway."
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment