Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy I Love You Day

When the kids were little we always told them that Valentine's Day was 'Happy I Love You Day'. Elisa called first thing this morning to say Happy I Love You Day and then she also sent a greeting card in today's mail which said the same thing. I always thought the kids should know that they were loved and hoped they would feel it. On occasion, I bought balloons and chocolate. I think they got Dove chocolate roses for a few years running. Anyway, it's good that they remember and that the memories are good.

Ian is well. Here is a short section from his e-mail today:

"Today is just a normal day here in Brazil. The Brazilian equivalent of Valentines Day: O Dia dos namorados, or day of the boyfriends/girlfriends, is in June. All the same, I am thinking of all of you today and how much I love you. I miss you all but I have an important work to do here! I have truly been blessed with a wonderful family and some great friends. You have all taught me so much, and for that, I am extremely grateful... I love you all, and I hope you have a good Valentines Day!"

Seth went to the sweetheart's dance on Saturday. He's a junior.  It was girl's choice and the girl that asked him was very sweet. I was quite impressed that she matched and coordinated her outfit from head to toe. It turns out that her Mom made her dress. Seth had a good time.

2 comments:

  1. Nooo, I called first thing this morning to make sure dad remembered it was Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete