Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lifting Burdens

Today was a lovely, lovely Sunday. It was certainly a busy day. One of the things I enjoy doing is making visits to members of our ward with my husband who is the Bishop of our ward. Just as you think you are going to try to help ease someone else's burden and offer comfort and support to them, you come home finding out that they lifted you. There are two members of our ward that have cancer. Both of them have had a hard time for a few months now. I pray for them everyday. It was just so nice to visit with them and try to offer a kind word or two. They are wonderful men and their wives are wonderful women.

I found this video clip the other day.  It is so beautiful. It is called "Lifting Burdens." It reminds me of them.
There are several apostles of the Lord who speak on this short clip. I love these men. It is so wonderful to me that God loves me enough that he did not just leave me 'hanging' so to speak on my own in this somewhat crazy and mixed up world to just drift along and try to make sense of it all. I love the fact there there are apostles now in our time just like the apostles who were here on the earth when Christ was here who teach and lift and testify of Christ in ways which bless my life all the time. I always feel bad somehow that there are people who simply discount those whom God has placed here for us to bless us, namely His apostles. As long as I live, I will never be able to understand why some people simply reject the blessings of God. It makes no sense to me. It has never made any sense to me. I can't wrap my mind around it and I can't ever figure it out.

At any rate, it's been a very good day. I love Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment