Monday, March 14, 2011

I Am Well And Happy

Every Monday morning I very much look forward to receiving a weekly e-mail from Ian. I start looking for it when I wake up. I'm not sure what I expect. I guess I am looking for some sort of conversation. It would be nice if I could sit down with him for 15 minutes and ask him some questions and get an immediate response. I miss that. Ian and I have always been close. He's a talker and I miss that.

I suppose all I really hope to know is exactly what he said in his opening line today, "I am well and happy." I guess I am coming to grips with the fact that I am not going to get much more until he calls home for Mother's Day and Christmas. He mentioned he finally received the package I sent him. I sent it in the middle of January. Two months is a long turn around time but he now finally has replacement shirts for the ones that got all moldy.

He mentioned the weather, "Last week was quite abit cooler, but then this week it heated up a bit again, but things should cool down for winter in just a few weeks here, I am very much looking forward to that. " I'm looking forward to Spring and he is looking forward to a Brazilian winter. He is a long way away.

He said a few other things, but not much. "Sorry for the short email but recently we have had more and more to do all in the short span of one hour." I have to wonder what else he has to do in that one hour.

So, it's only 10:00 here on a Monday morning and I just will have to wait until next week to hear from him again. In this day and age of instant communication because of advanced electronics, this is a hard thing. When I was on my mission, it was a week turn around time for a letter. There was no e-mail back then. I wrote long letters home however.

I found this this morning:
"He knows the water best who has waded through it."
Danish Proverb

I have waded through the water of a mission myself. No matter how long or how short the communication home, all that matters is what Ian said today, "I am well and happy." I am grateful for that. Someday he'll have to fill in all the blanks though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment