Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Devastation

I've been somewhat out of the loop the last few days I guess. The tornadoes that devastated the east and in particular North Carolina went right through the city my sister lives in. I am amazed at what has happened there.
Sometimes I don't watch the news. Sometimes I follow the news. Sometimes I take breaks because occasionally the news can be too depressing. Gratefully they are all OK. Elisa will visit them on Thursday as part of her trip. I'm glad she's going.

These kinds of devastating events remind me of a scripture about the power of nature and the power of the Lord. "How long can rolling waters remain impure? What power shall stay the heavens? As well might man stretch forth his puny arm to stop the Missouri river in its decreed course, or to turn it up stream, as to hinder the Almighty from pouring down knowledge from heaven upon the heads of the Latter-day Saints." D&C 121:33


My heart always goes out to people who suffer because of the effects of nature gone awry sometimes. We all really are in the Lord's hands. That said, I am the first to say that I do get overwhelmed by news like this sometimes and am intimidated by nature's fury a lot of times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment