Monday, April 11, 2011

A Lovely Afternoon

I met my new friend on Temple Square this afternoon. We spent about 2 1/2 hours together. Between her English and my Chinese, we were able to have a decent conversation although her English is better than my Chinese.
We met again with the first missionaries she met on Temple Square last week. One of them is from Taiwan and she gave us a long missionary tour in Mandarin. I decided I can decipher the Taiwan Mandarin accent better than I can the mainland China Mandarin accent. They are different even though it is the same language. It was wonderful to hear the gospel preached once again in Mandarin.
 We spoke plainly about a lot of gospel truths.
Jim met us for a few minutes because he works close by.
The Temple is always very impressive.
 The trees were in bloom and the spring flowers were beautiful.

This was on the roof top of the Conference Center.
I was very touched by the magnitude of what this 
scripture on this black marble means generally
and what it meant specifically today.

This is the scripture:

"And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation,
and kindred, and tongue, and people." D&C 137:33


No comments:

Post a Comment