Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

I thought Memorial Day was supposed to be the start of summer.
But we woke up to snow AGAIN!
And I just planted my tomato plants on Saturday. 
Our ward forged ahead anyway with the
annual Memorial Day breakfast.
There was a great turnout and it was enjoyable.

Ian's e-mail was also a treat today. He sounds good:

Dear family,

I have quite a bit to tell you, and very little time to do it, so my letter will be short. So you already know that I am in Maringá now and that I am senior companion. I am in the area Parque dos pioneiros, or in English, park of the pioneers. Cool huh. My area is a center area, and it is BIG. GIGANTIC. It is as big as three or four other areas in the city combined. So this comes with its good parts and bad parts. Good part: we have a lot of work to do, which I am loving. The bad part: a lot of walking, but it isn’t so bad really. This area is great; it has been well taken care of. We have quite a few progressing investigators, we had a baptism this Sunday, and we should have another baptism next Sunday. The lunches here are awesome...Our house is HUGE. There a two floors, 3 bathrooms, 3 or 4 bedroom, and some other rooms. It is so big because we have 6 elders living here, we live with the zone leaders and the district leader and a brand new American who is being trained. The best part about our house, it’s clean! I don´t know what I did to deserve such a good situation right now, it seems too good to be true, but I am very, very grateful...Just a little bit about my companion, he is from Rio Grande do Sul, the most southern state in Brazil. He is in his second transfer now and he is great. He is quite obedient, and he works hard. He still has a lot of things to improve, but just because he is new. He is a great missionary... I love you all and I hope that you have a great week."

1 comment:

  1. Love him. Love you. Thanks for letting me hang out all Memorial day at home. :)

    ReplyDelete