Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Missionary Work

My Chinese friend from mainland China who has come to church a few times with me came to church again today. Her husband came to America about two weeks ago to join her here for a few weeks. Earlier this week I e-mailed her and invited her to bring her husband to church and also invited them to the Memorial Day breakfast tomorrow morning. They are only here for a few more weeks and then they will return to China. She has become a wonderful friend.

I was deeply touched to meet my friend's husband. He looks like a wonderful, wonderful man. I was also deeply touched to see my friend teaching her husband how to sing the hymns and how to take the Sacrament bread and water. This was his very first time ever being in a church and having any experiences about religion. Interesting to me, was that his wife became his missionary. I watched her teach him what she has learned. I felt such humbled gratitude to see those exchanges. She looks so happy. Another member who sat next to him during the service said he intently read the words to the hymn "Families Can Be Together Forever" during the meeting and seemed quite moved.

I learned a long time ago to be grateful for opportunities to share the gospel. The gospel message is sweet. The message has eternal, important implications. This was the first time for this man to learn that indeed, families can be together forever.

"Families Can Be Together Forever"
Ruth Muir Gardner

“I have a family here on earth.
They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them
Through all eternity.
Families can be together forever
Though Heavenly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family
And the Lord has shown me how I can.”

While I am in my early years, I’ll prepare most carefully,
So I can marry in God’s temple for eternity.
Families can be together forever
Through Heavenly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can."


No comments:

Post a Comment