Monday, May 16, 2011

Weather Changes

So I find it interesting that Ian is beginning to experience the change into winter on his mission. I suspected it was getting cold by this point on his mission and so I asked him to comment on it. He said he's wearing his thermals when he sleeps and thought it was interesting that there was no heat where he was. I tried to tell him that before he left because my mission was the very same latitude as his was and I well remember how COLD we were in December and January. We had no heat where we lived and I remember being chilled to the bone sometimes without relief. I also remember that I had a cold that wouldn't go away and I asked the mission president to transfer me to somewhere warm so I could get well. I remember my companion and I taking turns standing in one spot of sunshine one day just to get a little warmth. The mission president granted my request in early February and sent me to the furthest southern point in the mission. It was wonderful and I remember I got well quickly. Seeing that it is only the equivalent of mid-November where Ian is now, I suspect we will be hearing tales of much colder experiences. That makes me a little sad for him but next summer he'll be telling us how hot he is again.

"Dearest Family,                                                                                                                                                   
It has been a good week, rather uneventful but it has gone by very fast. We were supposed to have interviews with president this week but when we all showed up in the chapel in the center, we found out that president got in a car crash on the highway and so interviews were canceled (president is fine). I don’t know why, but this kind of thing seems rather common on the mission, something always happens last minute and everything gets changes. It is kind of annoying sometimes but at least it makes life interesting...To answer your question we are kind of entering into winter here. I say kind of, because we are starting to get some cold days. Like today. But we still have lots of hot days, they are not so, so hot, but they are still hot. Winter here it is a bit tough without a heater, I have taken to sleeping in my thermals on the cold nights, it is quite nice...Well, I think for just about the first time of my mission, I ran out of things to say before my time ran out! I bear you all my testimony that the Church is true, I am so grateful for the influence that the church and the gospel of Christ has had in my life and in our family, I know that we would be very different with out the blessings of the gospel. I know that Heavenly Father loves his children very much. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I am so grateful to live in a time when we have the fullness of the gospel of Christ on the earth. I know that we have a living prophet. I know that the gospel was restored though Joseph Smith, that he was a true prophet, and I testify that the book of Mormon is true, it will bless our lives. I love you all and I hope that you have a great week and enjoy the sun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment