Monday, June 6, 2011

"I Am Busy And Tired And Very, Very Happy"

It sounds as though Ian is doing much better.
"Dear Family,

As of last Wednesday, I have nine months on the mission. It is hard to believe that it has really been nine months, it has passed so fast. If the rest of my mission passes this fast, I am in trouble because I don’t have much time left. I am doing very well. The work is really moving here, we have so much to do and not enough time to do it all. Our area is so big, we end up using half of our time just to get around. We spend three to four hours a day just walking. I get pretty tired but it is worth it because we have a lot of quality people to teach. It has been really great working here so far. The ward is super excited and supportive, they are passing us lots of good references, almost one a day. One day we got four just from the message after lunch...We had a miracle happen this week. We had made an appointment with a member to do a FHE with her husband and her son who are not members on Tuesday night. When we showed up to the FHE, neither the father nor the son were there but she had invited five other people. Four of them live behind her house and the other one is the next door neighbor. We went back on Saturday to teach the first lesson to the family who lives behind her....A man is the most interested, he said over and over that he was feeling something different. This was Saturday night, we invited them to go to church the next morning, only the man accepted but he was very excited about it. He went and he loved it. We went back Sunday night and he was already a few chapters into the Book of Mormon. We just answered questions Sunday night and they made us a dinner and a cake....Not much more to tell, we are working hard and seeing results. I am busy and tired and very, very happy. I know that the Church is true. I know that Christ lives, He is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that we have a living prophet today, I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that through it we can know of the truthfulness of all these things. I love you all, have a great week!"
 Ian's last companion

I can't imagine walking three or four hours a day. It's a wonder he's tired but I am glad he is happy. If he thinks the time is passing by fast now, just wait until the last three months of his mission when time seems to pass so fast, it's just a blur.

I was sitting on my deck this morning. I finally finished writing my book. It's pretty humbling to say that. I guess you never know what you can accomplish until you try. I have enjoyed the process immensely. I began the editing process today. I don't know how long that will take, I have never done this before. I snapped some pictures of the view off my smaller deck while I was sitting there. The snow capped mountains in the distance are so pretty. All that snow soon needs to melt and come down. It's a beautiful morning.

A view pointing east.
I always love looking at the mountains.
Pointing southwest.
The Salt Lake valley, southwest view.

No comments:

Post a Comment