Monday, September 19, 2011

"The Night Of The Full Stomach"

I did not receive an e-mail today from Ian. Instead I received a voice recording attached to an e-mail that said, "just this." He was obviously walking along a busy street because I could hear cars/trucks/motorcycles zooming past him. He talked as he was walking. It is great to hear his voice. More importantly I can "hear" in his voice that he is well and happy. No trying to "read between the lines." He mentioned that they had a baptism yesterday of a woman they have been working with. Good for her. He mentioned that the weather is getting hot again and that he got the second package (FINALLY!). He just sounds good. I am so happy for him. I told him yesterday in my e-mail to him that I don't worry about him at all, I am just happy that he has an opportunity to serve God.

Funny thing, shortly after I posted this, I received an e-mail from Ian. Happy day. :)

"Dear Family,

We had a great week this week. Once again, the week flew past but it ended great with Gloria’s baptism!...on Friday when we went there, she had had some confirmations and she was ready to be baptized! She said that she didn’t want to lose any more time, so we invited her to be baptized on Sunday and she accepted! ...We had a great activity on Saturday called: ``A Noite da Barriga Cheia`` or ``the night of the full stomach ´´ so as you can imagine, I loved it. The members brought food that was typical of their region of the world/Brazil. There weren’t all that many people there, but a good time was had by all that went. We also had a giant had a giant tub of ice cream at the end.... We are teaching some more good people. We are having interviews/a zone p-day today with President Tavares and the 2 zones in Maringá. We ate Churrasco (Brazilian bbq) for lunch. We have soccer and volleyball, and it is just good to be able to spend time with the other elders and relax a bit. I got the other package today, thank you very much for every thing that you sent me. I liked the picture album of Nathan a lot, even though some of this pictures are a bit outdated. Thanks for the candy and the usb drives. And thank you Elisa for the inflatable guitar, now every one will want to be my friend. 

It has been a great week.

I am very, very grateful for the wonderful family that I have, I know that it is the fullness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that has given me that family. I know that this church is true. I know that we are led and guided by a true prophet of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Jesus Christ died for us and that through Him we can be saved. I know God loves his children and I know that he loves me. I love you all very, very much!"

As a mother, I am DELIGHTED to hear that my son experienced "the night of the full stomach." I will sleep peacefully tonight just thinking about it. AND... only Elisa would send an inflatable guitar. :)

I'm a happy mother, not to mention I hear that my grandson is finally walking!! Make that a happy grandmother too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment