Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Week In Review

I didn't blog much this week. I've had a busy week and I just didn't get around to it. There were several memorable things about this week though, some sad...some good.

I feel such sorrow for the families of the two missionaries that were killed this week while riding their bikes in Texas. I have thought about their mothers in particular and I have been praying for them. I thought about them again in church today and then in thought about Ian. He's been gone so long now. I can't imagine what it would be like to know that your son was supposed to come home from his mission last week after serving for two years and then receiving the news that he was killed. I just feel so bad for the families. It made me miss my son again.

I did a lot of painting this week. It took a lot of my time. Jim is still working on that downstairs bathroom and I have done a bunch of painting. I love the color and it is turning out well. He hardly has any time to spare to work on the bathroom so when he finds time, we take advantage of it. I was wearing my painting garb and looked atrocious one day. We had to hurry out the door to attend a banquet for Seth. Jim was taking a nap and saw me as I rushed up the stairs to get ready. I told him we had to leave in fifteen minutes. I rushed in and got ready to go. I was ready in about ten minutes. He looked at me most sincerely and paid me a wonderful compliment. He said, "You're ever only a moment away from being glamorous." Now that's not true because it takes me an hour in the mornings to get ready but I so appreciated the sincerity of the thoughtful comment.

I did a lot of walking this week. I took long, long afternoon walks. While I walked, I listened to the New Testament on my IPod. I learned a lot. I enjoyed the sun when we had it and I enjoyed the time to ponder. I have always liked to walk. It does me good.

I think the highlight of my week was my time in the Temple. Pondering about the blessings of  family has given me much peace and great joy.

It's taken me an hour to write this post. I've video chatted with two of my daughters in the meantime because they pinged me as I was writing. A mother's work is never done... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment