Monday, December 26, 2011

The Christmas Call

I will blog about Christmas tomorrow when I have more time. For now I will just mention how wonderful it was to talk to Ian yesterday. We really had a lovely Christmas and we are all a bit worn out. We attended church services at 11:00 a.m. and were scheduled to have our call at 1:00.
We waited and waited and waited for Skype to start its incoming call sound. I thought we would never get the call but at 1:36...
success!!!!
We all enjoyed talking to Ian so much. Even though the picture quality on the Skype call was terrible, he looked very good. He said it was 100 degrees and very hot and of course, there was no snow. He said the Christmas Eve dinner he had been invited to didn't work out and so they did not have a Christmas Eve dinner. He said it didn't feel like Christmas at all but he seemed OK. He's been gone a long, long time and we all miss him. He really has been gone so long. I started to cry a little bit and I feel bad about that but it was just so good to talk to him.

" Dear Family,

It was very wonderful to be able to see and talk to all of you again yesterday, I think it was the fastest 40 minutes of my life and I quickly returned to reality and to me it just seems like a dream now. It is strange...everyone seemed to be looking well and happy. We are very excited to start a new month and a new year. We have a lot of activities planned for January, almost one for every week, so we are hoping to see a lot of good results from this.

We had a good week this week although it was a bit slow because of Christmas. We went to Londrina on Wednesday to pick up material because it didn’t come with the transfers. The highlight of my week was definitely being able to talk to all of you.

I am very grateful for the opportunity that the Lord has given me to serve a mission, I have learned and grown so much in the time that I have been here and Brazil. I can feel that the Lord is shaping and molding me, I know that I am much more the person God wants me to be now then I was at the beginning of my mission. I am very grateful that I still have many months to continue to serve and work here, I know that the Lord still has things planned for me and people for me to help and serve. I feel like I have done very little with all time that the Lord has given me here and that He has blessed me far more than I deserve for the little that I have done. I am so grateful for the help of the Lord in this work, I know that he is working with us. I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and redeemer and He loves us.

I love you all, have a happy new year!"

I am glad he is healthy and happy and well. I am so happy he has chosen to serve. What more could a mother ask?



No comments:

Post a Comment