Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Solstice!

I for one am happy to say that I have made it to another winter solstice meaning that from here on out...the days will get longer! Halleluiah.

Yesterday I brought Seth up Big Cottonwood Canyon to a friend's birthday party.
The air was so clear, the sky was so blue...
and I actually stood in the sun even if it
was only for about 12-15 minutes.
It set behind the mountain at 3:30.Ugh.
I should have gone up earlier.

We've had a TERRIBLE inversion in our valleys for almost two weeks I think. It's been gray, cold, foggy, cloudy, and downright awful. Today a storm is on  the way and I see a little blue sky here again so it's a happy solstice day all the way around.

It was good to get up in the mountains though. 
The ride up was so pretty, especially to see the flocked pine trees.

 Sarah and Nathan are here in advance of Gregory
who will get here tomorrow night.
When Nathan wants to kiss someone he puckers up 
and says "Mmmmmm" expecting you will do the same.
Delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment