Monday, December 12, 2011

"I Love You All... I Am Happy And Healthy And Loving My Mission"

"Dear Family,

We are in December and it is hot, hot, hot…but not unbearable so we are doing pretty well. We had a great week this week. We went to Londrina on Monday and Tuesday and had a great leadership conference. We worked very hard this week, and we are very tired, BUT we had a lot of success, we had 14 investigators in Sacrament Meeting and we found 30 new investigators this week!.... We will also have Christmas conference this week on Wednesday so we are very much looking forward to that...I love you all. I am happy and healthy and loving my mission."


I'm glad he's happy and healthy and loves his mission. As it should be because all too soon, it will be over.


It seems like yesterday I was attending his concerts at Christmas with his Chorale and Acapella groups a few years ago and now it is my time to enjoy Seth. Before long, Seth will be gone too.

In the meantime... Seth called at lunchtime and said his friends needed lunch...so...over they came for lunch.
There were seven in all.
 Seven hungry teenagers.
So, we fed them.
Liz and Kristina.
Then they were off...
to another concert of all things.
This one was in a beautiful building
that used to be a hotel.
It is my favorite venue for their concerts.
Spectacular tree.
Wonderful acoustics.
I know it was just yesterday that I was there with
Elisa...and Sarah...and Emma...and Ian
 Ian & I in 2008

...and now it's Seth turn.
Time passes quickly away.
 Jim & I enjoyed ourselves
even if we are getting older.
This video is my very favorite.

CANDLELIGHT CAROL

by John Rutter
"Verse 1: How do you capture the wind on the water? How do you count all the stars in the sky? How can you measure the love of a mother, or how can you write down a baby's first cry?
REFRAIN: Candlelight, angel light, firelight and starglow shine on his cradle till breaking of dawn. Gloria, Gloria in excelsis deo! Angels are singing; the Christ Child is born.
Verse 2. Shepherds and wisemen will kneel and adore him, Seraphim round him their vigil will keep; Nations proclaim him their Lord and their Savior, but Mary will hold him and sing him to sleep. (REFRAIN)
Verse 3. Find him at Bethlehem laid in a manger: Christ our Redeemer asleep in the hay. Godhead incarnate and hope of salvation: A child with his mother that first Christmas Day. (REFRAIN)"



And this one is just hilarious.


Sorry the video quality is poor,
it's the thought that counts.







3 comments:

  1. "Nations proclaim him their Lord and their Savior, but Mary will hold him and sing him to sleep" got me all misty eyed. As a mother, I daily wonder and imagine the potential of the little ones in my arms. Mary already had a glimpse of her son's future based on the miraculous events preceding his birth, how must she have felt as she kissed his soft cheeks and snuggled him close? Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Shiloh. It was only yesterday when you were singing this with Elisa and now you have children of your own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last picture of you and dad is very nice.

    ReplyDelete