Monday, January 2, 2012

"You People Are Old!"

Jim and I had a great walk this afternoon in the sunshine. We were rounding the last hill by our house which is a killer because it is so steep. Huffing and puffing our way to the top, we heard a loud exclamation, "You people are old!" (Seth was yelling out one of the deck doors.) These are the offspring that eventually leave home that we will claim that we will miss someday. :)  But for this week...

"Dear Family,

Happy New Year! I can’t believe how fast 2011 went by, and just how much happened in one year, and all of the growth and changes that I have undergone in just one year. One year ago I was still in my first area with my second companion. In one year I have had 4 areas and 6 companions. I went from being trained to Zone Leader. I trained, I had companions that were very difficult and companions that were a great blessing. As Mom so kindly reminded me, as of yesterday I am 16 months on my mission, but it doesn’t seem like it. Mom says that the time will go by fast and I know that this will, but I still have a lot of time to grow a lot and do a lot of good. I have 8 months left and when I think of where I was 8 months ago at the same time, that is seems like yesterday, it seems like a long time ago and I know that I still have enough time to do get a lot done. I know that the best part of my mission is still in front of me. I am very grateful for the time God is giving me on my mission and all of the opportunities and experiences to help me grow and help others. I am very excited for 2012!...We had a good week this week, it wasn’t one of out best weeks but it also wasn’t so bad, especially given the circumstances. We unfortunately didn’t have investigators at church yesterday, almost everyone went out of town because of New Years. We found some good families though member references, and a few through our own work and we are excited to work with them in the coming weeks. Our New Years was rather uneventful, I didn’t even wake up with all of the fireworks at midnight, but I think I prefer it that way. It has also been quite a bit cooler this week, which was a nice relief, we had a lot of light rain which, when you are a missionary in Brazil, is perfect. January is a rainy month here but also one of the hottest, so we are expecting interesting weather.

I know with all my heart that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way that we can get back to live with our Heavenly Father and find peace and happiness in this life. I know that we have a living Prophet and that this is a great blessing. I know that we can find great happiness in serving other people. I know that God loves us and that He wants us to be happy. I know that Jesus Christ is our great example and our Savior.

I love you all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment