Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Carnival

It seems that Ian has less and less time each week to pop off e-mails. He sounds busy and happy and like he's working hard. Here's a little bit from this week:

"Dear Family,

Here in Brazil this is a special time of year, it is Carnival...it literally means "festival of the flesh." It is somewhat comparable to Mardi Gras, just a whole lot worse...

 I know that this church is true, I know that the commandments are a great blessing that help us to have more joy and avoid much suffering. I know that the scriptures are extremely important in our lives, they bring us closer to God. I know that God’s plan is perfect, truly perfect and that He loves us, all that He does for is us because of that love. I know Jesus Christ is our redeemer.

I love you all very, very much!"


I bet Carnival time is a challenge for missionaries to say the least. Hang in there Elder!

No comments:

Post a Comment