Monday, February 27, 2012

Could It Really Be Possible?

OK, it doesn't take much to make me cry it seems when it comes to my family. I received Ian's weekly e-mail this week and thought it was a wonderful e-mail and longer than usual which I appreciated. Then at the end of the e-mail I read,

"I also found out this week that this transfer will not be 5 weeks as everyone (including the president and the secretaries) was thinking. It will be 6 weeks long and we will probably not have another 5 week transfer this year. This is really strange because in all of the missions is Brazil, the 2nd transfer of the year is always 5 weeks because of the visas of the Americans. While it is only a one week difference, it will make a big difference for me because it would put me getting home at the end of the first week of school. I don’t know what will happen yet but it looks likes I might be able to come home just a few weeks earlier without it being a whole transfer early. It is nothing urgent and we still have plenty of time to get it figured out so I will talk to president about it the next time that I get the chance, probably in the next interview." At first I read the part that said he wouldn't get home until after school started meaning he would have NO time home and then I read the last part and just started sobbing...again. Could it really be possible that I could have more than just three days with my son and have Seth and Ian home at the same time for a little bit before they both leave for BYU? I can only leave out hope that this might happen but I will have to wait and see. God is certainly good to mothers, that's all I have to say. Wow.

Here's some of the rest that I can share...


"Dear Family,

We had a great week this week  and a lot happened, I will try to get it all in the time that I have. First of all, we had Zone Conference which was great as always... We also had two baptisms this week! One...is the son a less active woman in our ward. He would have been baptized last Sunday but they went out of town. It all worked out well because we combined it with a baptism of the ward on Thursday. We also had a baptism on Sunday, a young woman, that also went very well. She went to youth conference last week and so she is already well integrated with the young women and she had a lot of support there at her baptism.

On Saturday morning we got a golden referral from one of the women in the ward, it is a young man who dated her niece about one year ago and went to church a few times. She said that he wants to be baptized and serve a mission. On Saturday night we were going to his house to contact the reference and we were on the street of his house when he came up behind us and said, “Hey, it is me that you are looking for, I want to be baptized.” I will never forget the night, the Lord is really blessing us in this area. His baptism is marked for this Saturday... I will have 1 year and 6 months on Thursday, the time really does fly by..."

I'm a happy Mom today. :)

Oh, and I don't ever mention any of this sobbing stuff to Ian. He's clueless about his basket case Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment