Monday, March 19, 2012

It Was A Nice Short-Lived Hope

I wake up on a Monday morning looking forward to getting an e-mail from my missionary son. Last week, I got one that said he had no time because his companion was getting transferred and he was getting a new companion. At least I knew he was alive.

This week I got the voice recording he made last week but didn't have time to send. In it, he said he talked to his mission president and the transfer issues he mentioned a few weeks ago which would have affected his possible release date no longer exist. He said that means he will be home as originally scheduled which looks like Thursday, August 23rd. That's also the scheduled move-in date for his apartment at BYU and Seth's first day of BYU freshmen orientation. Of course he won't move into that apartment that day because that's the day he comes home after being away for two years!

So I guess we are back to square one and my hope that Ian could come home even a little bit early was very short-lived.

"Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans." (John Lennon?)

My eye is suddenly twitching again.


No comments:

Post a Comment