Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Wonderful Day

I love when Conference rolls around. I love having family here. Although Seth is in Seattle and Ian is in Brazil, it has been wonderful to have Elisa, Sarah, Gregory and Nathan here. Nathan is a constant joy and delight in my life. I guess grandmother's hearts just keep growing loving more children with each new addition to the family. Emma's best friend just returned from her mission to California today and she spent the day with her.

Elisa, Sarah, and I went to the afternoon session of Conference today. It is hard to describe how really wonderful it was. I think I cried though about 1/3 of it. I was very touched by several of the talks and the music was really wonderful. This afternoon's choir was comprised of Elders and Sisters from the MTC. I loved when we all stood to sing the intermediate hymn, "Called To Serve." I had a hard time singing because I had to fight back the tears. Somewhere in Brazil, my missionary son was also standing and singing that song, probably in Portuguese. I loved when the choir sang "Lead Kindly Light." That one was also very touching.

I didn't find out until we came home that David Archuletta was in the MTC choir today. He entered the MTC this past Wednesday. He will be serving in Chile I think. Here is another amazing example of the sacrifice required to serve a mission but also of the attending joy. Good for him.
I miss my son. It's hard to express the privilege I feel however of having a son who willingly serves God and his fellowman. My heart goes out to David's Mom. That first week when a son leaves is really tough on a Mom. I hope she feels the same joy however when she sees her son wearing his missionary name tag as I do when I think of my son wearing his.

God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment