Thursday, April 26, 2012

God Is So Very Good

My father-in-law was taken off the ventilator this afternoon. All indications are that he will be just fine. He is breathing on his own and his speech is coherent and his thinking clear. Just yesterday Jim was saying that the doctors could not give any predictions about a time frame for healing and if or when we would know whether or not he would be "out of the woods."  They just said he had mileposts to hit and they would take those as they came. A day later, my father-in-law's condition improved so rapidly that he reached the biggest hurdle, getting off the ventilator. He said some very funny things when the tube came out that let Jim and my mother-in-law know that he was very much with us.

When I think that just two days ago, my father-in-law appeared to be dead and his condition was very grave indeed, and here we are at this point with this wonderful news. Jim and I talk many times about "God's handwriting" on the wall. We say that when we know God has blessed us in ways that only He can do. This certainly is a miracle to us. I am humbled, grateful, very happy, and still somewhat taken aback by the events that unfolded today. God is so very, very good.
 Jim's Dad

"Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee..." Psalms 31:19

2 comments:

  1. That is so good to hear. I have seen some miracles in the lives of people I love lately, and it always helps me to see that God really is in charge. Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great news! So good to hear! Miracles do happen!

    ReplyDelete