Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trying Something New

It was a very busy but a very lovely Sunday. I taught a lesson in Relief Society today about the immortality of the soul. There was a lot of information to consider in that lesson. This afternoon I visited with a man in my ward who is very ill. We had a long, thoughtful discussion. He's a good man and I have grown to love him very much. He's very sick. I was happy to be of some sort of service to him and his family. I also attended a Sacrament Meeting of my daughter's best friend who recently returned from her mission to California. She gave a very nice talk and I was happy I went. This evening we went to dinner at a neighbor's home. They have three children. They have a cute four year old. He has blazing red hair and he was dressed up in his mother's boots and a Superman cape. It was reversible to be a Batman cape as well. I guess it depends on which superhero of the day he decides he wants to be. We had FABULOUS lemon cheesecake for dessert. I wished I brought my camera. I brought them a loaf of my homemade whole wheat bread.

I talked with someone today at church who does a lot of the online social media websites for our Church. He encouraged me to create a profile on mormon.org. I thought about it for a while and decided to give it a go so that's what I did tonight. I submitted my profile but I guess it takes a few days to show up, hence the new button on the right side of my blog. I suppose it will be functional in a few days.

I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE I get a longer e-mail from Ian tomorrow. Last week's e-mail was three sentences. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment