Monday, April 23, 2012

Waiting

Ian anticipated a possible transfer this week but it looks like he will have to wait until the end of the week for that news.

"Dear Family,

So today we were supposed to find out about the transfers but it looks like things will be a little different this time around. This Saturday we will have a conference with the whole mission...They will bring the whole mission together for this conference and so instead of doing the transfers on Tuesday, they will do them on Saturday, so I will only find out if I am being transferred or not later on in the week...We had a great week, we had a baptism, a woman who is the neighbor of a member, we have been teaching her for about 2 weeks. We had a total of 8 baptisms in the zone this week! It was a week of success...I know that this church is true and I love you all. Have a great week!"

My heart is always tender towards my children even when they can't be considered "children" anymore...they're just grown adults living their own lives now. Mothers just always live with a feeling of tenderness drawn out to their children however, no matter how old they are.

Elisa wrote this on her blog yesterday. I read it this morning. I was deeply touched:

"Every time people ask me how I know the scriptures so well, or why I know how to lead in the church, I simply tell them, "You obviously haven't met my mother." She is a great example of dedication to the gospel and I am so grateful for the times that I have been able to learn from her or discuss the gospel with her. Abraham Lincoln once said, "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

Love you mom."


No comments:

Post a Comment