Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blessings All Around

As the years pass, contemplation of a lifetime of accumulated blessings causes me to be humbled by God's infinite capacity to bless. Here are just a few recently noted:

Jim and I attended the scholarship
 awards ceremony this morning at Seth's school. 
Seth received a $5,000 scholarship to attend BYU in the fall. 
That is added to the $500 one he received two weeks ago.
His good friend and our neighbor Kristina
 also won the other $5,000 scholarship to BYU.
 Great blessings for both our families.
Sarah was here the other day with Nathan and Gregory.
Her pregnancy is progressing well.
We're looking forward to little Hannah in July.
Gregory has placed in the top 20% 
of his BYU law school class this semester.
Good for him. Congratulations Gregory.
Our healthy, delightful grandson Nathan is growing well.
He likes to play in my dirt so I decided not 
to plant deck flowers this year.

Ian e-mailed today while I was gone. He sounds so good. I am so grateful for the blessings of missions. It is impossible to describe the great blessings that come because of missionary service. God is kind, wise, and very loving to offer the blessings of missionary service to those who desire it. Read on...

"Dear Family,                                                                                          May 30, 2012

As you are probably starting to see, the day that I write my e-mail probably won’t be so consistent for the next two transfers. Yesterday was transfers and we spent a big part of the day with the new missionaries. We went and got them at the airport at 7:30 in the morning and then we went to the mission home. We had breakfast, gave trainings, ate lunch and the new missionaries got assigned to their new areas and they met their new companions. It was a great experience. I got to translate for the new missionaries and I noticed that my English is getting quite a bit worse. It is a good thing that I don’t have to take an English class after the mission, I am pretty sure that I would fail horribly. 

...we spent this last week in Bauru (a city in São Paulo that is close to the last city that I was working in) doing exchanges with the missionaries....We baptized a girl their that was part of a family that my companion had baptized when he worked there as a zone leader but didn’t live with them at the time, now the just the father needs to get baptized to complete the family. When I got called as assistant, I was really worried about my ability to be able to do these exchanges well as they are a large part of our responsibilities as assistants but with every exchange that we do, I am feeling more and more confident that I will be able to do what the Lord wants me to do in this calling...We are working hard and we are always super busy but I am loving it. It is great that we are so busy, it helps me to stay focused. I really love the mission. 

I know with all my heart that the Church is true. I know that we have a living prophet. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that through him God restored His church to the earth. I had an interview with Pres. Tavares this week to renew my temple recommend and as he asked me if I had a testimony of various truths of the restored gospel. I was able to see a little bit just how much my testimony has grown in these past 21 months and how my testimony has deepened and been enriched. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve as a missionary. It is truly a great blessing; I am learning so much, it is so wonderful to be able to serve God’s children for this time. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that He lives, and that He loves us. 

I love you all very much."

How do you thank God for a constant stream of blessings? I guess I will just try to show my gratitude by doing what He asks of me and by trying to serve others. I am most grateful.





No comments:

Post a Comment