Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Busy, Happy, Working Hard

Ian's e-mails have suddenly got very long these days. That's great because he actually mentions things that he hasn't had time to mention in a long time. I'll post some but as always, I try to be respectful of personal names and things that should remain off a public blog.


"Dear Family,                                                                           

We had a great week this week in Maringá. Mom was asking about what divisions are. I guess it would be the same thing as exchanges, it is just where we work with other missionaries instead of our companions. Once a transfer, the District Leader should go on exchanges with every elder in his district. The Zone Leaders should go on exchanges with the District Leaders and every once and awhile, because it just wouldn’t be practical every transfer, the Assistants go on exchanges with the Zone Leader and many times with other missionaries....every week we decide with [our mission president] what zone has the greatest need and we go and spend usually almost the entire week there (Wed.-Sun.)  We don’t go to another zone every week, but about 50%-70% of the time..this week we went to Maringá which is one of the smaller zones...We had a lot of interesting experiences. I got to go back to one of my old areas Parque Dos Pioneiros, which is the area in which I stayed the most time. I saw some of my recent converts there and a lot of the members, it was really cool to be able to see everyone again...

This week we will be going to Bauru, which is in São Paulo and is about 1 hour away from where I was last serving (Marília). One of my former companions is a Zone Leader there and the other Zone Leader...was one the elders that I lived with for 3 months in Maringá. We are super excited for this division... We are also excited because we have some people to be baptized in our area here in Londrina....

I know that this church is true, I know that Christ lives and that He loves us. This is His church. I know that we have a living prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true. 

I love you all a whole heck of a lot."

No comments:

Post a Comment