Friday, May 25, 2012

"To Bind Up (Heal) The Brokenhearted"

I love the scripture verses that go with this latest Bible video:   Bible Videos
“The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD has anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound…to comfort all that mourn…give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness…” Isaiah 61:1-3  Isaiah 61  See also Luke 4:15-30

I have read this scripture many times. It is always comforting to me. It rings of truth, hope, blessings, kindness, and love. The Savior has done these things for me. I've been "brokenhearted" more times than I can count and He has healed my heart every time. I've been held captive by the consequences of a few poor choices in my life. I've been bound in "prisons" of my own making from one thing or another many times over such as holding a grudge or being unwilling to forgive someone quickly when forgiving offers such peace. I've needed comfort many times and in many ways for many reasons. Where there have been ashes because of terrible, terrible events in my life and in the lives of my loved ones, the Lord has replaced them with unspeakable beauty. I have been the beneficiary of the "oil of joy" on countless occasions and because of the Lord's atonement, He has lifted my "spirit of heaviness" time and time again.

Jesus Christ declared His Messiahship. I also declare that He is who He said He is... our Lord and Savior...and beside Him "there is none else." Isaiah 45:6.


No comments:

Post a Comment