Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"A Focused And All Consuming Purpose"

Today's e-mail had the heading "Have I ever told you that I love the Mission?"

I remember that's how I felt about my mission too. The last two months of one's mission just zooms by. You can't hold back time and the reality of the end is bittersweet. Parents are so supportive during those rough first few months because generally, this is the response missionaries have towards the end of their missions. 


"Dear Family,

This week was somewhat uneventful but it was a good week... We had a good week because we found a lot of new investigators... This week is looking quite promising. We have 4 potential baptisms this week...
I  know that this church is true. I know that we have a living prophet today. I know that the restored gospel blesses our lives and that if we live the principles of the gospel we will be happy. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve a mission, there is nothing like a mission. We have such a focused and all consuming purpose. It is so wonderful to be able to serve with such good people. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and redeemer. I am so grateful for the wonderful family that I have! I love you all very much!"

I had to leave out a lot because it was very detailed. He sounds very happy. I love the part about being focused and all consuming.There is so much in life that distracts everybody that it's wonderful to know there is such wisdom in having missionaries "leave the world behind" so to speak. In their focus, they can truly be instruments in the Lord's hands to do His work. Good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment