Friday, June 1, 2012

How Well I Remember

Late last night almost about as I was getting ready for bed, Seth and his friends found their way to my kitchen. They attended a senior banquet/yearbook celebration last evening but apparently weren't ready to go home yet.
They wanted to read what everybody wrote
 in their yearbooks and have some ice cream.
It was a delight for me to watch them.

Time just passes so quickly. I was editor-in-chief of my high school year book. Every once in a while I pull mine out and look at it again. I think I look at mine differently than anybody else in the class would. I say to myself, "I should have chosen a better grade paper that would have held up better 30 years later," "Why did I put that picture there?""Too bad that picture didn't print out better" "Boy, I'm glad we made that deadline!" etc., etc., etc.

It's hard to believe that I graduated high school 35 years ago. It doesn't seem that long ago. My memories are still fresh for so many things. I do remember how wonderful it was to get my senior yearbook and how much I treasured reading what people wrote.
 Some things never change I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment