Monday, August 13, 2012

Getting Ready On All Ends

It's hard for me to believe that Ian will be home next week. 10 days to be exact. I am trying to get  things ready here for the crazy, crazy week I'll have next week. Wow, 10 days. I am very excited to say the least.

Seth and I went to Target this morning and got a great deal on a computer for him for school. He is putting the final touches on the things he needs to do this week to be ready to leave next week for BYU. I feel like I'm on a dual track. My sons are coming and going, literally.... and I'm going along for the ride no matter how wild!

This is from Ian's e-mail today. He sounds good other than a few physical mishaps. I can actually print the whole e-mail. I think that's the first time that's ever happened.


"Dear Family,

By some miracle, we spent basically the whole week in our own area and it payed off! We had our zone leader council meeting this week and so Tuesday was just prep for that. On Wednesday, we had the council and it was quite wonderful, there was a great spirit. It was also my last zone leader council meeting. I think that it will be one of the things that I miss most. I also bore my last testimony in the council. This was actually the 5th last testimony that I bore, the other 4 were last transfer in the zone conferences and really didn't feel like last testimonies. This one did. I was the only one who bore testimony there, the others from my group who would have, had already gone home the day before. President said some very nice things about me after my testimony. 

The rest of our week was great, as I said. I don't really know how, but we got to stay in our own area and it was a great blessing. We found a wonderful family who went to church yesterday and one of them will be baptized this week and the rest are preparing to be baptized in following week. We also helped another man who we found last weekend to be baptized on Sunday! He is the brother of a recent convert.He is about 80 years old but readily accepted baptism and was very happy yesterday. In just about all possible terms we had a great week. 

On Tuesday I got quite sick with a stomach flu, fever, and weakness. Luckily we were in the office preparing our training for Wednesday so that helped out a bit but it was fairly miserable but it miraculously disappeared the next day. I just had a little bit of stomach ache. The Lord was very good to me. That next day was the zone leader council. I also fell on Monday and twisted my ankle and hurt my knee, but not so bad that it took me out of the work, it should have been a lot worse. My knee is still somewhat swollen and my ankle a bit tender but it is getter better bit by bit and it isn't affecting the work much, so the Lord has really been very good to me.

Thank you so much for taking care of everything at home for me. If you all hadn't been helping me out with this, I wouldn't have been able to stay these extra two weeks. It is also a great help because I know that I don't need to worry about anything and so I can stay focused here. 

I bear my testimony that I know that this church is true, I know that God knows and loves us. I know that we have a living prophet and that God communicates to us through him. I know that this work is God´s work and it is truly wonderful. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and redeemer and that he is at the head of this church.

Have a great week!" P.S. I will still send another email next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment