Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What Motivates Me?

I've been working on my Relief Society lesson for Sunday. It's my turn to teach again. This lesson is called "The Strengthening Power of Faith." It's pretty good. The teacher always seems to get the most out of the class I think because the teacher reads the whole lesson several times and ponders a lot before the lesson is given. On the weeks I don't teach, I am not as prepared for the lessons as I am on the days I do teach. I always feel a responsibility to lead a discussion that the women in the class will learn according to their needs. It's not what I teach that matters, rather what they learn from what the Spirit teaches them as they participate either by active listening, pondering, or participating in the discussion that is important.

This week's lesson reminds me of the very basics of what motivates me in my life, love for my Savior and trust in Heavenly Father's plan no matter what comes my way. A LOT has come my way in my life that at times I thought would wipe me off the map. I've trusted God however and no matter the trial, He has seen me through. I am motivated by my love for my family and by the love I feel from them. I trust God that if I do what He asks, I can enjoy that love throughout eternity. Those are simple motivations. I am not motivated by the love of money, the desire for power, a desire for status in the community or amongst friends. I am motivated by the simple things in life. I really love the Lord. I always have. He's been so good to me. What more could I need or want?

1 comment:

  1. I just read Doctrine and Covenants 50 today, and that's what your first paragraph is all about.
    I'm grateful to know that there truly is Someone watching out for me who has been mindful of me at all the challenging parts in my life. I am not alone and I really CAN do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

    ReplyDelete