Tuesday, February 26, 2013

People Are Very Kind

I am amazed at the kindness of people sometimes. As I attempt to recover from the mack truck that ran me over, I have received phone calls, visits, kind thoughts sent my way, and many well-wishers. Last evening my husband's first councilor in the Bishopric and his wife brought us dinner. Actually it was more like a feast. There was rigatoni in a basil cream sauce with peas which was absolutely incredible. There was a salad with pecans and balsamic vinegar. There was a cake with whipped cream and berries. There were chicken burgers. There was fresh asparagus and toasted bread that I can't even describe that was to die for. I was very touched however by a personal thought. They asked what kind of food was my favorite. I mentioned two things that had basil in it. Last evening with dinner they also brought me a basil plant. I've received flowers on many occasions before but never a basil plant. It reminds me of my grandmother. I LOVE the smell of basil. It was just so thoughtful and kind and sweet and generous.It is comforting to be so well cared for.  I'll have to remember to be kind like that to others.

I don't feel "miserable" anymore but I surely don't feel normal or well. I am seeing small increments of progress. The nights are LONG and the days are hard but I think I will be OK.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better. My dad had a hip replacement two years ago and it was the best thing that happened to him. He is more active now than I have seen him in years. He has loved taking up swimming and goes every morning. He has even been cleared to do something he never thought he would be able to do again.. PLAY TENNIS! I hope your hip replacement treats you as awesome as it has treated him!! I keep thinking about you and hoping your recovery is going well. I prayed for your surgery to go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete