Sunday, March 10, 2013

Deeply Grateful

As I continue to heal from my surgery I am at the mercy of others to help me with things I need help with. Elisa has been wonderful to come these past few weekends to take care of many housekeeping chores. We are so grateful for her help because she has eased a great burden.

Jim is the Bishop of our ward. That means he is gone a lot but is he particularly gone a lot on a Sunday. He leaves early Sunday mornings and won't get back until after 5:00 this afternoon. He came home to check on me about 11:30 this morning. I did not expect him. He asked if I wanted him to get me some lunch. I told him "no, not yet" but that I really wanted to take the Sacrament. I cannot adequately describe the blessing it is to have my husband also be my Bishop. He holds the proper authority and Priesthood to administer that sacred ordinance to me. He placed bread on a plate and a little water in a cup. He covered them with a white napkin. I sat in a chair and he knelt on a pillow in front of me and read the Sacrament prayers from the scriptures and blessed and passed me the Sacrament. It is hard to not be able to go to church because I love church so much but it is particularly hard to be away from the Sacrament. I can't adequately describe in words the sweet Spirit in our home as my husband knelt down to bless the Sacrament and administer it to me. I am so grateful for the Priesthood. I am so grateful for the ordinances of God which bless my life and for worthy Priesthood holders who administer them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Liz. I love you. I am glad to hear you had a successful surgery and I want to say "bless your heart in your journey in waiting for your body to heal". You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brigitte. It's always nice when I find out somebody checks my blog every once in a while. Mostly I just write here and there, now and then. Sometimes my heart just wants to say something and this is a good place to do it. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story has me crying at work. I view you and Jim as the perfectly yoked couple, serving one another in love as Christ has asked us to. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete