Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"I'm Ready To Go"

I sat near the phone this morning for almost an hour and a half waiting for Seth to call from the airport this morning. It was very early so I dozed off a few times. He said he had to wake up at 3:00 this morning and leave the MTC at 4:00 to make his flight. As it turned out, his flight was delayed about an hour.

We only talked for ten minutes. He was calm and exuded peace. Half way through the conversation he asked, "Do you have any questions for me?" We didn't really have any. He said he was very happy and "ready to go." He said he had a few moments of being scared but they passed. He said he loved his companion and loved his district and that he and his companion served as zone leaders welcoming in new missionaries last week. He said he saw Nels on a fluke last Friday or Saturday. He said he was standing outside with his companion and Nels needed to come over to the main MTC campus for something, saw Seth and ran up to him. He said Nels is also very happy. They took a picture together  for me in front of the map but it is in Nels' camera so I suppose I'll have to wait for it. Nels left for Alaska yesterday.

The tone of Seth's voice told me is is ready to go and prepared to serve. I couldn't help but shed a few tears when I hung up. Two years is a really long time. Love him.Bye Son, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment