Friday, July 5, 2013

"Because I'm Married"

I've been trying to encourage Jim to fit a doctors appointment into his schedule for a long time. He needs to see a doctor yearly for his checkups and for medication review. Well it's been close to two years this time around and I had become increasingly alarmed. Jim also wanted to switch to a new doctor. This morning he had his doctor appointment with the new doctor I found for him. He said a male assistant saw him first and asked him why he was there. Instead of providing him with a diagnosis, brief medical history, or medical concern Jim answered, "Because I'm married." Apparently that gave them both a good laugh. On the way out from his appointment the doctor said, "Make sure you have your wife keep looking out for you."

Jim and I will be married 30 years in another week and a half. "Because I'm married" is really just another way of saying, "because my wife loves me and I love her back."

True story. :)


1 comment:

  1. I love my dad! Happy anniversary next week!

    ReplyDelete