Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The 'Be Good Bracelet'..."Until The Day He Died"

Elisa sent me an article from the newspaper this morning that left me in tears. I thought about it all morning and have been profoundly affected by the message of our loving God to a good man's family. How many of us make commitments that we keep? Andrew Ashcraft, one of the 19 hot shot firefighter heroes who died in last week's Arizona wildfire, left a powerful message for his wife and children and set a lasting example for many of the rest of us about the importance of working towards becoming a forever family and keeping promises. I am a better person today because of his example.


Andrew's wife said, “I just see it as a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. Andrew made me a promise, and he kept it. And God wanted us to know that he kept it.”

May God bless the families of these heroes.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you might want to blog it when I sent it to you. Very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely touching... I cannot imagine the loss to this family of this wonderful man. And so many families have lost wonderful husbands, sons, fathers, brothers. I am giving a talk in church tomorrow that this story could be so perfect for. But I think I would be too emotional if I tried to deliver it.

    ReplyDelete