Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chinese Visitors

Jim asked me to find him a decent picture he could submit with his Mormon Tabernacle Choir audition tape which is due tomorrow. I found a few others while looking for that one including this one. I quite like it. I cropped it from a larger one. Nice.

Sunday evening Ian and Jessa invited me to go to Temple Square with them to walk around. Jessa's two sisters and her brother were also with us. It was after 9:00 so the visitor centers were closed. I noticed a large group of Chinese tourists sitting near the water fountain taking pictures of the Salt Lake Temple. I continued to watch them for a while and just couldn't help myself so I went up to them and welcomed them to Salt Lake in my less than perfect Chinese. They seemed shocked that I spoke to them in Chinese. There were at least a dozen people from China at that spot who were part of a bigger group on a tour of the United States. They had just come from a tour of Yellowstone and were only in Salt Lake for the evening. They were scheduled to fly out to Washington D.C. the next morning. We had a lovely chat in Chinese with a little English thrown in. :) They took a lot of pictures of Jim and me. They were thrilled to meet Ian and Jessa and took pictures of them as well. I told them they were just married in the temple in May. They liked that. Then they took pictures of Jessa's siblings. By the time we left, everyone was smiling and we felt like like good friends. What a nice experience.

1 comment:

  1. Thrilled that you are still getting to speak Chinese occasionally--thrilled that you still get to engage in mission work--thrilled that Jim is actually auditioning. :)

    ReplyDelete