Tuesday, September 17, 2013

35 Years

I woke up this morning and looked at the clock. I saw the time...6:08. I saw that it said TUE so I knew it was Tuesday and then I saw the number display underneath that...9-17. Then I smiled.

I was baptized 35 years ago today. It is a significant day for me. It's personal. It fills me with gratitude to think that God is so kind that He would send missionaries to me to teach me His gospel. I'll never truly understand why everyone doesn't simply embrace the missionaries and their message. It baffles me sometimes. The message they share is from God. Listening carefully, finding out for oneself whether or not their message is true and receiving the ordinance of baptism in the Lord's true church yields such wonderful blessings. It's so simple.

For me,
it's been 35 years of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment