Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Love Sundays

I know I've said that before but I just had to say it again. Today was such a wonderful day. I truly delight in being able to attend church on Sundays. It brightens my day, sets the tone for my week, and reminds me of God's love for me.

My neighbor's son gave his missionary farewell this morning in church. He's headed to California to serve an Armenian speaking mission. He leaves on Wednesday. It is my neighbor's first child to leave on a mission. It's a tender time for her and a tender time for me to watch her as she struggles with the bittersweet feelings of getting ready to say goodbye to her son for two years. Her son spoke about sacrifice. He talked about why missionaries sacrifice two years of their time to serve the Lord. I can't help but be continually grateful for the missionaries who sacrificed for me.

Last night I attended the James Taylor concert in the Conference Center.(James Taylor with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir). A member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir who is in our ward gave us the tickets. James Taylor came into popularity when I grew up in the 70's. I cried when I listened to a few of his songs. It took me back to a time of my youth. Having him sing with the choir as his backup singers so to speak had me feeling like I was in a time warp. I thought to myself over and over again while he was singing how grateful I am to have found this church. The blessings I have received because of my membership have been truly overwhelming.

Once again this morning I tried to thank God for the missionaries he sent me 35 years ago to teach me His gospel. I will never get over the feeling of gratitude I have in my life for that blessing.

Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment