Friday, September 6, 2013

Missionaries To Dinner

Tonight we had the pleasure of having our own local missionaries to dinner in our home. Every once in a while we get that privilege. I blackened out their last names on their name tags for privacy but the wonderful Elder on the right just arrived in our mission three days ago. He's brand new. His trainer companion on the left has been on his mission for almost a year and a half. They were a delight to have in our home. The newest missionary was as polite as could be and seemed delighted to be serving. I asked his companion last week what they wanted for dinner and he exclaimed "breakfast!" We prepared a 'breakfast for dinner' feast. They were as happy as could be. I told my son Seth earlier in this week's email that we would be having the missionaries for dinner tonight and that we would think of he and his companion knowing that somewhere in Georgia, another kind family was doing the same thing for them.

"And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God. And ye shall go forth baptizing with water, saying: Repent ye, repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." D&C 42:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment