Monday, November 18, 2013

An Unlikely Criminal



"It was good week here in [our] ward. We had a really inspiring zone meeting. I really felt the Spirit and wanted to have more obedience, diligence and reverence... The rest of the week also went well. We were able to do a service project with a less active man; he says he is really close to coming back to church... Tracting two hours a day has brought a lot of blessings. We were able to get many more contacts and new investigators and we were actually able to teach more this week. It is funny how that works. 

We were in a lesson last night with a very sweet family. I was sharing a gospel thought for the evening. All throughout church I was praying to feel the love of the Savior and sweetness of the gospel. As I was sharing the thought, seemingly for no reason, I started to have this wonderful feeling of love come over me. I was thankful to that family for having a wonderful spirit in their home and I was grateful to Heavenly Father for answering my prayer. I know that He is always mindful of us and loves us so much. I read a quote today from the prophet which talked about how His love is constant: That love never changes. … It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve [it]. It is simply always there.” ("We Never Walk Alone" Pres. Thomas S. Monson

Love, Elder Freeman

P.S. Funny story. Did I ever write about the cop that was called on us. Well we went into a different neighborhood and went into the home of an investigator and started teaching him. Half way through meeting with him, the same cop came to the door. :) The neighbors called the cops on us again! I have had them called on me twice out here." 
Seriously...does this look like the face of someone you would call the cops on? He's the kindest, most sweetest, gentlest person you would want to know. Maybe the cop just smiled and said, "You again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment