Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Doing Good To Others

I teach Relief Society once a month. I am teaching this coming Sunday. I've been working on the lesson which is about doing good to others. It's been very interesting to prepare it. I've felt in my heart to share the New Testament story about Lydia, seller of purple. I've been learning a lot. I've decided to wear purple everyday this week to remind myself to think about others and see if there is anything I can do to help them as I think about and prepare my lesson. I have come to realize that I have a lot of purple things. :)
 Today I made some homemade soup for a woman I talked to this morning that told me she has chronic pain. She said it's hard to cook dinner sometimes. I looked at my purple shirt while I was sitting in the sun this afternoon on my deck and thought I should make her some soup. It will be an interesting experience this week as I wear purple everyday to see if I can remind myself to do something good for somebody else. Maybe as the week goes on, I will share what I have been learning about Lydia, seller of purple and how she fits in with my lesson.

Seth is sure working hard on his mission. Here's the end of yesterday's email:

"Along with all the good things that have been happening I realize that I can still do better. I feel a determination to work harder this week and do my best to achieve my goals. I can do more to give my best. I love the Lord and I am coming closer to Him. I am learning so much. We are doing our best to overcome opposition. I know that Christ lives, and that this is His church. I know that He loves us so much."
 
What a great son. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing that, mom!

    ReplyDelete