Monday, November 25, 2013

First Transfer

After six months in the same area, it appears Seth will be transferred this week. I loved his email home today. This is only part because I don't write the names or places of investigators or companions.

"Dear Mom,

It was an amazing week in our ward...I feel like I finally got to see the fruits of my labors here.The most touching thing was one of our investigators... We had been trying to get her to pray for a long time. She finally did it and she really felt the Spirit. It was such a blessing.

Transfers are on Wednesday. We got the phone call today though to let us know where we are going...I am going to miss [the ward I have been in. ] This will be my first time being transferred so it will take some time to adjust. 

We do have a Thanksgiving dinner [invitation]. I am going to be in the zone where my trainer is a zone leader... [The] ward has a car so I will be in a car again. Being on bike was good though....I lost about 10 pounds. 
 
I came down with some type of sickness yesterday, and I feel pretty sick, but hopefully that will go away pretty soon. I had the chills and all of that. I feel pretty bad. I really hope it doesn't last long.

It looks like we probably can Skype for Christmas, but I will let you know. 

(I asked Seth to send me his list of the seven things he is grateful for so we can include them in our Thanksgiving tradition when we eat dinner. Here is his list:)

Things I am grateful for:
1. The gospel of Jesus Christ and the times when I can really feel His love.
2. My family. I miss all of you.
3. The miracles that happened in [our area], particularly this week.
4. A Prophet on the Earth, who is the mouthpiece of God.
5. The Book of Mormon and the Bible. I have come to know both of them much better.
6. Good, inspiring, uplifting music
7. The opportunity to serve the Lord for 2 years on a mission.

Love, Elder Freeman"

It's a tender time when missionaries get transferred. They spend so much time laboring with all their heart and soul only to say goodbye leaving the people they labored amongst in the Lord's hands, as it should be, because they are His and the missionaries are simply His servants doing His will. 

God's speed Son. My prayers are ever with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment