Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How We Love Our Missionaries

One of Seth's good friends from our ward is serving a mission in Chile. They graduated high school together and they have been good friends for a long time. Her family sends me her emails home each week. I wanted to quote something from her email that is just so wonderful. A church leader visited their mission last week and paraphrasing what he said,  she said, "He talked about how the mission needs to change our whole life, and there is no turning back from this point. I´ve made the decision to serve a mission, and that means I made the decision to serve God for not only the rest of my life, but the rest of eternity. That´s a huge commitment for someone with only 19 years, but I know that I´m absolutely supposed to be here...I love this work, and I know I'm supposed to be here on the mission. Change is the biggest miracle this gospel has to offer, and being able to help other people receive this joy and peace in their lives makes me so happy. Christ lives and loves us more than we can comprehend, and that's what makes all the struggles of this life worth it."

Missions are wonderful opportunities for service and personal growth. I love watching how our missionaries grow. I feel the same way about my mission. There really was no turning back. I made a commitment to serve God then and I have had the opportunity and blessing of serving Him ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment