Monday, January 27, 2014

More Progress



I've been a blogger slacker lately. Ooops. Here are a few outtakes from Seth's email today:

"It was a great week here in Georgia. We found 5 new investigators, and were able to teach 5 lessons to investigators with members present for the week. We don't know what changed but it was a great week. We feel very blessed, and are going to try to work hard to keep it going... I learned a lot this week. We had Stake conference, which was really a regional conference. We heard a great talk from Elder Nelson that was broadcasted to our building. The stake president and his councilors gave great talks at the adult session the night before. Also some recent converts gave talks and they were great! The gospel means so much to them!!! I learned that having faith has a lot to do with not worrying. I also learned that wanting blessings is not bad. We just need to be humble enough to ask for them... I know that the gospel is true. I know that God lives and loves us. I know that this is Christ's church, and that as Mormons we truly are Christian. I know that the Book of Mormon is true."

I loved this part: "I learned that having faith has a lot to do with not worrying. I also learned that wanting blessings is not bad." Those are true statements. I have learned that God really does want to bless us. I believe He seeks to bless us as we draw ever closer to Him. Faith really does have a lot to do with not worrying and letting go. It means trusting God to take care of us. Letting go is the hard part but once we do, the freedom from worrying is a gift. If God said He will do something for us and we live worthy of His blessings, He really will do it. We are the ones that shoot ourselves in the foot so many times wringing our hands with worry when we don't have to. I'm getting better at not worrying as the years go on. Worrying comes natural to me as does faith but like the hymn we sang yesterday reminds us, "Fear departs when faith endures."
I'll try to not be a blog slacker. We'll see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment