Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Doctor # 2

Today I had my one year check up with the surgeon who did my hip replacement last year. He's a great doctor and I've been very happy with my hip replacement. They did x-rays and everything looks good.

We discussed at length my curious symptoms and the nightly fever I get that just doesn't seem to want to go away. He reviewed the blood work from the previous doctor visit from two weeks ago because he had access to the results online. All normal. I feel as though we covered everything as thoroughly as we could. Diagnosis: "I think you need spring." I agree 100%. I think we give me about five days of back to back sunshine and I will be as good as new. In the meantime I have a prescription for a trial medicine for one of my symptoms. I feel as though I covered this saga to the nth degree and I am tired of it. Today I decided to just stay in bed. I laid under the covers for three hours this afternoon to see if plain old rest would fend off the evening fever. So far, no fever. It's only 5:30. Fingers crossed.

Addendum: Yes, the fever returned shortly after I wrote this post. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment