Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tired Of Not Feeling Well

I have not been well most of this winter. I have a long list of aggravating symptoms. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to see what's up. I am tired of feeling lousy. My latest symptoms are swollen glands and I think an enlarged spleen. I am not happy about this but I sure am glad January is over because maybe I can just chalk it all up to winter issues.

The happier news is that I saw the grandkids twice this week. They are the best things ever. They express such complete love that it's hard to express it in words. Nathan called the other day and asked me to come play at his house because "I'm having a hard time over here," which was surprising news to Sarah. I thought that was pretty funny. Grandma can just make everything better. That's what grandmas do.
I am working on my third book. Book two is still sitting at a publisher's office. It has been there since mid-August. I sure wonder what's up with that. This week I read a book on writing well and one on punctuation. I enjoyed both of them. Hopefully I will remember what I learned.

I absolutely delight in my husband. I know I've said that before on this blog but I just like that man so much. I was resting on the couch yesterday because I wasn't feeling well and I looked at our wedding picture which hangs over the mantle. A lot of time has passed since then but I still delight to think of that time. He delights in the grandkids as much as I do and he always talks about them and asks if I saw them or talked to them on the phone. He likes the details of what they said.  Getting old does have its perks.

Oh and did the groundhog see his shadow or not? Are there six more weeks of winter or do I get a break?!

No comments:

Post a Comment